Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bible Ghost Stories - When Cain Slew Abel



Who believes in ghosts? And, I am not just talking demons here. I mean ghosts of people that haunt certain areas. Yes, I am talking about the ghosts that are in popular television shows like Ghost Hunters. Who believes in Torah, The Bible?

Up until now, I would guess that very few people believe in both, but in reality the Bible believer should believe in ghosts based upon what is written in the Bible.




In fact, I used to be unsure, but now I am certain in believing that Torah supports the idea that ghosts of humans are real and do exist. Believing in ghosts is supported by the Bible. Surprisingly, I was never sure about it until I found that many ghost stories talk about the haunting of a certain place where someone was murdered. This is where the Biblical story of Cain and Abel comes in.



Many people know of the story of Cain and Abel in the Bible. It is probably the most popular biblical story besides the creation story in the opening of Genesis, and the story of how sin entered the world through Adam and Eve - sometime called "The fall of man".

In the story of Cain and Abel, both are brothers, and Cain slays Abel. Then, God says to Cain, "Hark! Your brother's blood calls to me from the ground. (Genesis 4:10)" I believe that ghosts are people who have been slain such that their blood calls from the ground.  Their spirits hover close to their bodies, and they end up haunting their near surroundings.  It is that calling from the ground or the earth that experts in the paranormal are able to study.

So, there we have it, just like a traditional, verifiable ghost story, Abel's blood cried out for justice beyond the grave as he haunts the world.  God rest his soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment