Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Spiritual Piggybank

Many people pray, and they find that their prayer gets them nowhere. This does not surprise me, nor does it negate my religion. I won’t say that prayer is important, but I will say that prayer is not a complete perspective. I suggest doing something in addition to prayer.

When we do something for someone else out of charity, while it might be something directly related to the thing you want, it may also be something almost completely unrelated. Showing an interest in others and their doings may be just what we need in order to unlock the gate to the pathway towards Eden. The places we visit on this journey may seem obscure or irregular, but journey onward to the places that Torah takes us on.

Consider this; your good deeds may not pay off immediately. Thus, I suggest thinking of your doings in this world, as is the idea of a spiritual piggy bank. It may take a lot of saving. What if you have a rare disease or a rare problem? With your hard spiritual work, you may have to save up enough spiritual capital to put a doctor through medical school, such that he can help you out of your illness.

G;d gives each of us a mission in this world. This mission becomes clearer as we study. When we study, it is the equivalent of fulfilling all the good deeds of the Torah. In my instance, in my spiritual piggy bank, I had some knowledge of science, but that needed to be unlocked. It was sealed up, until I took the time to study Torah. Once I studied Torah, someone else, my mom, just happened to come across a doctor that could cure me so that my science knowledge need not remain locked up. So, I reached out to G(d and he reached out to me in return, blazing a pathway for my mother to find a cure for me. And, I do admit that it wasn’t a perfect cure, as a still have some problems. However, instead of my problems being to my detriment, they have actually been a blessing for me. This is the way Hashem is able to work his magic in this world.

A spiritual piggybank may have some money in it. But, it must also have good deeds. This is why a Jewish king must not be wealthy. His wealth must come from his spiritual piggy bank that is not of this world in a radical type of way, similar to that of a priest, or a Levite. In Ecclesiastes, King Solomon relates a story about a person who is wealthy, but Gd has forbidden them from enjoying it. This is entirely relative to the idea of a spiritual piggybank, and a proof of it if you believe Tanach is the words of G-d. Money by itself is empty if one can’t enjoy it. This is also the idea of karma, in that there is something spiritual about this world that if we do good things to others, then good things will be done to us in return. Likewise, Leviticus 26 and other parts of Torah relate the blessings of living a righteous life, but that if we don’t do what G&d asks of us then good things happen.

So pay it forward~!~ We all have something to give and a reason for being, or G^d would not permit us to be. G*d is aware of everything in the universe, such that everything in reality is not without purpose. If your spiritual piggy bank seems empty, you may be wrong! Just keep doing good deeds and I believe that if you are able to actually toil in Torah, reading it, even if you are blind and have to learn brail, and observing the ways of the righteous, though things may get worse initially, eventually things will get better for you. Through doing good deeds we must have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment