Monday, April 22, 2013

A Friend I Have Lost

I lost my friend Geoff.  No, it is not that he is dead, or I don’t know if he is because I have ceased my communication with him.  Frankly, I left him for two reasons; firstly, the immediate one is when he blew marijuana smoke in my son’s face, at a time when he was so young that he could barely stand, and was just barely walking.  Secondly, it was time for me to grow up, and that was incompatible with having Geoff as a friend.  Geoff was fun when I was young, but there came a time when my recklessness needed to cease.  Geoff smoked a lot of dope, marijuana, but I did not, and it has been many years since I have, and when I did it was only like once a year.  So, I could no longer tolerate his dope smoking.  Additionally, I have sworn off alcohol, especially since its free radicals lead to aging, and one of Geoff’s ambitions was to have enough money to be an alcoholic.  Whenever, Geoff used to get money, he was completely irresponsible with it, spending it all on drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment