Sunday, September 23, 2012

5th Craig – Group A Hamiltons versus Group B Hamiltons



A primary reason for my assumption that I am not a genetic son of Darda is because the Hamilton DNA project refers to this group as genetically Group A Hamiltons, where this is an Anglo-Norman line that has the Anglo-Norman patriarch Gilbert de Hamilton, as the founding member of the clan in Scotland, and if that were the case then it is most likely that Darda son of Zerah is the patriarch of this line.  However, due to a non-paternal event, there is a break in this genetic line, such that of the 6 Hamilton Lairds of Cadzow one of the successors is the result of an affair at by a woman with the last name Livingston.
Thus, it is such that there is also a genetic group of Hamiltons referred to as Group B, which I trace my lineage to.  Group B Hamiltons, may be descended from the Korah or Azariah, but most likely Azariah.  Group B became more noble and notable than Group A Hamiltons though it is likely that the Statesman Alexander Hamilton on the $10 was more likely from Group A.
I estimate that Group B has Milesian heritage, such that as a noble I should genetically count either Korah/Korech or Azariah as the patriarch of my line.

1 comment:

  1. I belong to neither Group A or Group B. Sorry, if I spoiled your day.

    ReplyDelete