Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Holocaust Gives Strong Reason Why We Should Fear Gd

Many folks claim that because of the holocaust that they can not believe that Gd is loving.
The faithful say that he was hanging in the gallows along with his precious Jews.  However, the Bible does indicate that fear is an important part of one's relationship with Gd.

From www.jewfaq.org, it is said among the 613 commandments of the Torah that, "To fear Him reverently (Deut. 6:13; 10:20)," is an affirmative commandment for men, and it is counted as the 4th commandment according to Chafetz Chayim's Concise Book of Mitzvot and I'm guessing that it is listed 4th due to its importance to Jews, where faith is considered the first most important affirmative commandment required for Jewish men, but not forbidden to Jewish women.

We have many reasons to fear Gd.  However, for this generation, and hopefully for several more, the power of Gd to allow the destruction his own people should strike fear into the hearts of every man, woman, and student.  This fear is natural, and required.


The question is if those who say, "Never again," are stating it from a secular point of view (likely).  Really, we need for fear that is more than just awe.  We need to understand that we should fear Gd, especially if we choose sin because our deeds are always under the Gd’s magnifying glass.  It is much more important to have true fear because we know that something such as the Holocaust can happen.
If one fears Gd, if he is about to sin, he does not hide it, for he knows that Gd can see him wherever he goes.  And, thus it is such that sometimes folks sin, even those who fear that their very existence it dependent on Gd.  I, myself, know this for at times I have eaten pork.  However, when I have done this, I am quite fearful that Gd will punish me for it.  I can't explain why I have sometimes done it, other than doing so seems to have felt compatible with my animal instinct.  However, it is my hope that I never eat pork again.  And, yes, I realize I may fail at this, and there are other things I may fail at as well, such as masturbation.

No comments:

Post a Comment