Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Syria and Russia - Not Our Allies, Not Even Close

I don't care who does what on whom in Syria because both the Regime and the Rebels are our enemies.

The whole deal with Russia is a distraction. Russia is not our ally, so what will Russia do during chemical weapons inspections; flip a quarter. The odds are 50/50 and not only that, they shouldn't matter.

It shouldn't matter because we shouldn't be the world's policeman when we are starkly in debt. We need to stop making excuses for ouselves to raise the debt ceiling, and get things under fiscal control.

I am surprised that President Obama is still pushing for war despite Russia's action. I would have thought that he was looking for a way to back out of the chemicals weapons corner that he put himself in.

One of my Facebook friends posted the following truth that I think is very important before we go into this war, and why we should not go to war, even for a short period.

Mish Shedlock notes the quote of the day goes to Abby Martin who says "We're killing Syrians to Show Syria that Killing Syrians is Wrong.". I (my Facebook friend) would modify the quote slightly to: "We're killing Syrians to Show Syria that IMPROPERLY Killing Syrians is Wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment