Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Question For the Rabbi; Can There Be Jewishness Without Moses and Aaron? Would There Have Been Jewishness If Not For Moses and Aaron?

The question: "I doubt that there is some sort of cosmic vibration that a Jewish mother's womb gives off that makes her offspring Jewish.
It seems that the vehicle for transmission of the Jewish message is patriarchal, the way Ethics of Our Fathers seems to indicate.  For example, 1:1 "Moses received the Torah from Sinai and gave it over to Joshua. Joshua gave it over to the Elders, the Elders to the Prophets, and the Prophets gave it over to the Men of the Great Assembly..."

I was told by the Rabbi that while educational tradition is passed down by the father.  The essence is passed on by the mother.

"The Torah explicitly forbids intermarriage. The source is in Deuteronomy 7:3-4,
You shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughter to his son, and you shall not take his daughter for your son, for he will cause your child to turn away from after Me and they will worship the gods of others." http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/108396/jewish/Intermarriage.htm
I personally admit to my audience.  I have committed idolatry.  I don't even necessarily think it was my fault, as I didn't know any better.  Possibly, it was because my father instructed me in faithless science.  Chemical imbalance caused me to be hyper-sexual for which my dad did turn my head to the wrong direction, suggesting masturbation is good.  The Bible says however, "And, they will worship the gods of others," and that much does not describe me.  I committed idolatry, but refrain from worship because I believe my idol to be horrible and that I would die if I believed in her.  So, I fled.  I moved much the same way where if someone has committed murder moves to a city of refuge, according to biblical command.  When I committed idolatry, Hashem intervened and to His surprise I suddenly believed in the Gd of the Israel.  My life has never been the same, as I have received both forgiveness and blessing from Hashem.  The only hint that mom is Jewish is that she told me never to lie.


No comments:

Post a Comment