Sunday, October 7, 2012

I love the book of Deuteronomy.


Perhaps, no other Bible book makes it so clear that peril will fall to those who do not follow the Lord God’s commands.  The meaning of our state of existence is entirely described by Deuteronomy.  God is sovereign.  If we prosper, then He is the reason we prosper.  If we struggle, then He too is the reason why we struggle, yet usually most of us receive some grace, such that even if we do sin, the Lord God may overlook it.

I know for a fact that this very idea makes certain people such as atheists and Christians mad, but I hope that when Gd shows them their punishments they will see in their souls why they struggle.  Call this the evil of Gd if you will, but vengeance belongs to the Lord should one violate the commands he has given to us.

I think what most people are used to is the blessing of grace in their life.  Many people do not fear the Lord and the consequences for failing to keep all of his commands because they are used to a life of grace.  True, the Lord is gracious, but why take advantage of that?  Why do evil in any way if the Lord God sees all?  Also, the Bible talks of the evil of Gd with respect to King Saul.  Why invite the Lord to do evil in your life by failing to fear him?  This is the command to fear Him reverently (Deut. 6:13; 10:20).

The fact is that there are two kinds of believer, and these two kinds act differently based on how they perceive the nature of Gd.  Those that have no fear in one examination were more likely to cheat.  However, those that had fear did not cheat on a test, when given a chance.

There are 613 commandments in the Torah, and it is that if one doesn’t keep or attempt to keep all of them, then he or she is under a curse.  Christians are usually aware of some of these laws, but when it comes to the Ten Commandments, Christians that I know of say that the command to keep the Sabbath is no longer legitimate.  Let me tell you something: If you work out your back seven days a week, it will be sore, and possibly even crippling, and it is this way with so many other commandments that Christians seemingly do away with, declaring them null and void for whatever reason.  I try to separate myself from them.   

Deuteronomy makes it clear, you have to get your heart right with Gd and follow all His commands if you are to prosper.  If we worship the Lord, and I don't mean Jesus, Deuteronomy is 100% clear that there is paradise on earth for the obedient.  Why transgress the law and hope for grace, if you can be obedient and have goodness multiplied.
Look at me!  I am a creditor as I write this, and so is Blogspot!  I am under no obligation to write at all.  My payment is received via the spirit that the Lord grants to me because I am sharing freely what I know.

I have known of the blessing and the curse in my own lifetime.  When I was told by God that He was punishing me, I was elated for that.  I just simply couldn’t love a God that I didn’t fear and was told that I wasn’t required to fear, so I was an atheist.

Which way are you going to go? Most people I know believe that their Old Testament has been nullified, but that is as stupid as a person who believes that he can will God out of existence. It is not until fools stop blaming Satan for everything, and instead focus on doing good deeds and repent that we will see heaven on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment