Wednesday, December 10, 2014

What is G-d? (Edited)

G-d is the reason the cosmos is here, but even more than that; G-d is the Compassionate Shepherd of the Universe that has no physical body, and beyond that; we claim G-d has taken special interest in His people.

From chabad.org, Psalm 23 tells us, “…The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want... He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.  Even when I walk in the valley of darkness, I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they comfort me.”  


Isaiah, a prophet, tells us of G-d’s love and personal interest in His people (Isaiah 60:21):  “And your people, all of them righteous, shall inherit the land forever, a scion of My planting,the work of My hands in which I will glory.”   He desires for us to do His will; that we wrestle to understand His ways.  He longs for all of us to choose Him; that we to hearken to His Voice.  He desires for us to love Him; everyone of us, from the most pious king to the lowliest worm.


No comments:

Post a Comment