Saturday, August 9, 2014

Jesus makes it clear in Matthew 25 that salvation is by deeds, while Galatians 2 contradicts. How can these be reconciled?

Matthew reports (The Sheep and the Goats verses 31-46):

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever deeds you did for the one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
For I was hungry and you did good deeds by giving me something to eat, I was thirsty and you did good deeds by giving me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,…Take your inheritance, the kingdom
‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the fire,…’  For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat…


In Galations 2:21, Paul writes: “for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing.” And 2:16, “know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ.”

No comments:

Post a Comment