Tuesday, December 4, 2012

5th Craig Of Sparks and Mosquitoes: In Support of Patriarchal Cultural Ascent


There are many reasons why I choose Judaism, one of which was that the person who was truly my best friend at college is Jewish.  He said that he was Jewish, and that he was very nice interested me in Judaism in the way that a spark inspires a mosquito to fly toward the Light.  Additionally, I grew up in a USA that loved Israel, where we Americans drew near to her, so far as I knew.
At the time that I lived on the same dorm floor as my Jewish friend, I claimed that I was a Christian though I had been unable to ascertain exactly what that meant.  I grew up attending church and even playing guitar in the praise band, but I didn’t have an idea what Christianity was.
If I had to define Christianity, in my youth I could liken Christianity to speaking a type of gibberish that I seemed to be unable to learn and doing good deeds.
Sadly, one of the reasons I left Christianity is that it taught to emphasize some sort of foolish faith based salvation that had nothing to do with doing good deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment