Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Dream: Jews and non-Jews Studying Together in Peace

There is so much Torah to study without ever converting.  The way I see it is that I don’t have to be a Jew to study or contribute.  Why not opt in to observe mitzvos, even mitzvos I am not required observe as a son of Noah?  My personal feeling is that if deeds are healthy for Jews, then they are probably healthy for me.  I have studied Chumash, Daily Halachah, Psalms, and Tanya, with plans for others at chabad.org for several years now.  I have no need to convert to be blessed by Jews.  I hope that this generation will find ways to make peace with other nations of the world - count me in for that one!  Jews studying side by side with non-Jews in study halls has the potential to heal hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment